Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Training in Melbourne

I arrived back in Brisbane today with a rejouvinated motivation to work hard and continue the journey towards reaching my potential as a player. Working the previous three days with Ramsey McMaster and Ryan Lumsden was a fantastic experience and I was provided with a wealth of knowledge regarding how my body works in relation to specific movements in my golf swing. What made Ramsay and Ryan so great to work with was their great quality of communication. Everything was very well explained to me and provided understanding. Furthermore, I felt a relationship was developed.

From here I will now take what I have learned and the information/data back to my coaches and we will be able to draw up a plan of attack about how to improve. The next few months I dont have many tournaments to play in so I will have more time to be practicing in technique mode to get the things right. Lots of work in the gym will contribute to an improved technique. Ramsay said I had a bit of a head start as far as my body was concerned (I must give all the credit there to Jeramiah Hales who I worked with at Minnesota) however there are a couple areas that are weak and need correcting.

A special congratulations to my former teammate Clayton Rask who had a nice finish of the Nationwide tour last week. Lets hope he can get on a bit of a roll. I hope everyone is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment